Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Okay to Insulate!

Today was too busy to take any pictures. I went to the house early to clean before our inspection at 9:30. Arlyn was supposed to meet me at 8:00 to test the plumbing, but I think I woke him up at 8:30 when I called to tell him the water supply was covered by three feet of solid ice. Joe was there to work on siding, and he broke through the ice using his blow torch and hammer, and I bailed out the hole so we could connect a hose.

The inspector showed up about 9:00, before Arlyn did, and before I was done cleaning. He inspected everything he could while waiting for Arlyn, then while waiting for Arlyn to pressurize the system, and ended up going to his truck to write up what he could. It turned out we couldn't find where the air was escaping the system, so Arlyn left to get a part so we could fill the system with water instead, and the inspector left too.

Eventually we did get the water supply lines filled, and the inspector came back. He left us with a list of 20 things to fix, but they were mostly small, and he said we were okay to insulate. Hooray! It's been a long time leading up to this day, and after some bumps, we made it through.

No comments: