Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Damp-proofing and Elevator Box

This morning Emily had to be at the hospital by 9:30 for surgery, and the fill was supposed to come at 12:00, which meant I had to get a box built to retain the gravel around the elevator pit and act as the forms for the slab. I charged up the air compressor in the garage, took all the junky scraps of plywood I had in the garage, and slapped them together enough to work (hopefully).

While we were at the hospital, the guy who Derik recommended for damp-proofing came by and sprayed tar around the foundation wall. This is something I probably could have done myself, but it was obviously sprayed on, which must have gone quickly, and he only charges $0.25 per sq ft. I decided it's worth paying someone.

It turns out the gravel didn't come today. They had truck problems, and got behind, so they'll come tomorrow morning. Since Jim is leaving town for a funeral, it looks like we won't be ready for footings on Thursday like I hoped.

No comments: