Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Close Call with Electricity


I worked from home today so I could go over before dark and get some rock done. I pulled up just as the guy from Rocky Mountain Power was disconnecting our power meter. It turns out only half of the power pedestal was working correctly, and the meter was not registering. The half that was working was supplying all the power we needed, but I did wonder why our bill last month was only six dollars.
After a trip to Home Depot to buy 10 feet of replacement 2-gauge wire, a few minutes with a shovel, and a call to Rocky Mountain Power customer service, another guy came back before 5:00 and re-connected us. Thank goodness I happened by when the disconnection was happening. Otherwise I likely would have showed up on Thanksgiving morning and noticed there was no power, and no way to get it before next Monday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great story and good ending for Thanksgiving - except for the turkey. Things are progressing. I like these photos.

Kay